Eight New Year’s Eve
Ideas for An All Night Party
There's no way to escape New Year's Eve revelries, especially because of the fact that it has been an on-going tradition for families and friends to huddle together waiting for the clock to strike midnight. Trying to stay awake can be an ordeal in itself if the annual gathering keeps the same routine since time immemorial. Why not inject some New Year’s Eve ideas to perk up the atmosphere and greet the birth of a new year with a real bang?
New Year's Eve is not complete without a party, so you can host your own that has no place for boredom to set in. Presented here are tested New Year's Eve ideas that can surely make your guests stay well beyond until New Year's Day.
1. Make sure there's plenty of food and booze, enough to last until the stroke of midnight and beyond. However, you likewise need to make sure that you have no glow pill on standby for guests who are known to suffer from alcohol red face, or the reddening of the face upon alcohol consumption.
*Note: The said condition shouldn't be a reason for you to panic. There's just something in the DNA of some people, usually Asians that make them go red when they drink. That's why it's better to be safe than sorry, so having the pills is a good idea.
- Create impressive desserts. Make your guests drool at the sight of elegant-looking pastries on the table. They'd think you've spent the whole year preparing the dessert galore. The secret is to pour heavy cream into a pudding mix then spoon onto pre-made chocolate or pastry shells. Garnish with fruits, berries, powdered sugar, or chocolate syrup for that one last professional touch.
- Host a fondue party. Ask your guests to bring one food item to dip into the fondue. It is important to remind them that the food must represent their New Year's resolution. When it's time to dip, each guest must express the meaning of the food in relation to what they hope to accomplish for the coming year.
- Play interactive games. Keep everyone up on their toes well beyond midnight. Think of games that can be played by all the people in the party. For example, ask everyone to write down a particular food or drink item they promise to give up. Place in a bowl then as you pick each piece of paper, read aloud what's written on it. Have the people guess the right person who they believe made the promise.
- Float the root beer. Don't count out the children when it's time to raise the glass for the midnight toast. Have plenty of ice cream and soda to create a fizzling drink for kids who remain awake through the night. They'll feel great knowing they're part of the party.
- Let the party sparkle. Shop for sparkles early on to avoid being caught up in the New Year rush. You can also buy online at cheap prices. Light the sparkles as you start the New Year's Eve countdown. Be careful, though, for you only want a few sparks, not a big fire.
Keep these simple party tips in mind for a rocking New Year's Eve party, even if there are still several months left before the New Year.